Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am old

I am old. Gone are the days of painting the town red and making a class the next morning. The days of party after party and still room to study and look amazing for the next party have disappeared. I am old.
Last night Jaxon and I went to Seattle for our lovely friend Kaite's Birthday. Between getting everything done before I got our sitter and actually getting ready to go I was tired by the time we got on the ferry. Almost 2 hours before our dinner reservation at P.F. Changs. I loved going out with my friends but I had anxiety the whole way "Do I still look like a Lesbian?" If so "Would I at least be a hot one? Am I over dressed?" I was. "Is Jaxon having fun?" He was worried he wouldn't but he did. "Are the kids okay? Or IS SAVANNAH okay?" Everything was fine and wonderful but we got home around 12:30 and you would have thought the sun was coming up already. I got home from taking Savannah home and Jax was like "How you doin?" And I don't even think I responded. I apparently bathed, brushed teeth and attempted Scripture study but I fell asleep with my face drooling on 3 Nephi! I don't even remember taking her home!! I DON'T EVEN DRINK! THIS IS ALL ABOUT BEING TIRED!
Today is the pathetic part. I am so tired I shouldn't drive or create a declarative sentence. Although I did go to the gym this morning but only cause I fear Shannon. My poor kids actually ate 3 things from a box today. IN ONE DAY! Cereal, Mac and Cheese and cheese and crackers. I don't think anyone of us ate anything that should be consumed by humans and my house looks like we've been hit by a tornado. So, by all means come on over. I am in a bathrobe. Jax and Korbin are running around in boxers eating junk and Miss. Allie is eating anything she finds in the pantry. I am old and it sucks. Come on youth I know I had fun with you but couldn't you have stayed a little longer! I'm only 26!!

4 comments:

Shama said...

I feel the same way love. Jon and I slept in until 9am yet I still found myself alseep on my mom's couch tonight during a family dinner. I had so much fun last night. So it was all worth it.

Jackie and Kirk said...

Oh yes, yesterday was rough! Kirk fell asleep like 3 times, and we were still in bed by 9:30pm. Friday night was totally worth it, though! I'll take a night with out kids for a day of sleepiness any time!

Greg and Sophia said...

HI!! I love the SFHS blog! I can find people! So, Washington, eh? That's one place I haven't lived yet. Do you like it? I would be so scared to cut off my hair like you did, but it looks totally awesome. You go girl!

B & A said...

Brit. I'm totally like that and I don't even have a husband or kids. So sad... I go to bed at 9:30 and can't eat greasy food because it gives me indigestion. Soda gives me heartburn and I get grumpy if people want to come over or if they call after 9. It's bad!