Thursday, January 29, 2009

The poll



My recent poll about how one might be doing if viewing themselves from High School standpoint is surprising. I cant think of anyone that I know of that reads this blog that 'Sucks and have totally let themselves go' Who are these people? How do I know you? I think its great that so many of you think you are so with-it. That's beautiful. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I never expected the life I now lead so in a sense I would be very pleased but shocked to see where I am today if I saw myself 10 years ago. I always thought I would have money. Lots of it. I never saw myself actually getting sealed 5-6 years AFTER I got married. I never saw kids. I never saw a jiggly body but I did see myself happy and probably married (and 10 years ago I was dating Jax so I thought I'd marry him as well but that somehow he'd be wealthy- I obviously did not do the math) and he would be a return missionary.
But, NOTHING happened like I planned and at the end of the day Ill take my chubby legs because I do still have two of them and Ill take my stinky kids because I love them to pieces and Ill take my poor husband who is the love of my life and Ill tell my 16 year old self to go to *$#!. Because today Ive turned out pretty alright.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

I think your turning out great!

Durben Family said...

I think your life turned out pretty great too! In highschool, I dare say, my priorities were a little screwed up. So I feel pretty darn lucky that the choices I've made along the way have ended up being the right ones (I just didn't know it at the time). Wisdom came later.

jaesi said...

So is Jaxon a church going man again?
I think it takes the Navy to realize what crappy lives people have and then see what a great thing you have!

Wanna hear a crappy life? It takes place 4 houses down in housing....2 am. The wife and husband are separated...he comes over...they get into a fight...he starts to leave....yelling...cussing....waking up the whole neighborhood...she gets in front of his car to stop him...and HE RUNS HER OVER!!! paaahahahahaa!
oh Im so glad we are out of this place...

Globe Trotters said...

Hey there! Amanda gave me your blog address, and I have been "stalking" your CUTE little family! Your kids are precious- and your hair looks great, only you can rock that :) Hope you are doing well...are you living in Washington right now? The NW is our dream home, one day. We have a blog too (it's private), so feel free to send me your email address: ayrelj@yahoo.com
Hooray for the internet.

~ayrel

MD said...

I think growing up mormon gave us unrealistic ideals. Sorry but there is no such thing as cookie cutter. You have a fantastic life and so do I yet, we're polar opposites