Thursday, January 1, 2009

ON THE BALL!

Hello January first 2009. You are a dismal icky day I, however, AM NOT. I AM ON THE BALL! Every year I make resolutions and I actually keep them, in 2006 I vowed to learn how to eat with chopsticks and read at least two great books a month. I did it. Last year I vowed to keep Allie and Korbin alive and happy. They are indeed alive and maybe happy. As well as doing one major cleaning thing every week to avoid 'spring cleaning'. Did that also. This year I think my resolution is going to be to get into a swimsuit and be happy in it. Not compare myself to everyone else in a swimsuit not think I look like a Sports Illisturated model Cause I do not, but be happy with the arms and legs that God gave me and have fun with my family in whatever water activity we choose that day. Also I even have a serious one too... I never do becasue I think it takes the fun out of them and NO ONE ever keeps thier resolutions. I am going to try VERY HARD to look at people the way Heavenly Father wants me to. I cant say that Im going to look at people the way Christ would because he could walk up to the lady across the street who chain smokes through pregnancy and tell her to repent. I cant. SO, Im going to pray for her instead. I might have to pray to WANT TO pray for her among the countless others I judge daily. But, Im really trying to become someome He is proud of. I have a tile in our house that says 'BECOME A PERSON GOD CAN USE' well I dont like being used but he is the exception and I want him to use me. I want him to be able to say 'That Brittney Nelson-isnt she something? Lets give her blessings because she TRYS so hard to do what is right.' I would like that very much. My girls in Young Women are expected to be these amazing, caring, positive, vibrant, trustworthy, virtious, faithfull, smart, lovely TEENAGERS. I dont know how I would feel if they looked at me and said 'Sister Nelson is the most judgemental person how come she is teaching us how to get to heaven??' So, for them and my children and my Jaxon and my mother and for myself I am starting with a clean slate this morning. And Im just too busy taking down my own Christmas to notice all the people who are going to leave the lights on their houses till spring. I WILL NOT JUDGE. TRY NOT TO JUDGE!

3 comments:

jaesi said...

well said Brit.
What is your calling in YW? I have loved being in YW....Im sad I will be leaving them soon :(

Jackie and Kirk said...

I have always wanted to eat with chop sticks...hmmm maybe I'll have to steal an idea from you!! And yes please do not try to judge my christmas lights on my house...or the giant snowman...they will be taken down as soon as Kirk returns!!

Danae said...

I am afraid we just might have our lights up until spring! After the Christmas Tree fiasco I am not feeling brave enough to attempt the lights on our VERY steep roof!