Monday, February 2, 2009

The Fairy Godmother?

I was approached by a good friend (AmandaKPhotography) who is opening a photography studio in the area and was asked if I would consider being her make-up artist reference. I could house all the product in studio and do anything Id need to make clients look amazing. I was elated to even be considered ~being as this good friend is very particular (in a really good way) and has very high expectations and to think she wants me to make her clients breathtaking. FLATTERED! I cant give any sort of answer till I know what the Navy will be doing with us but I can't help checking every web site on product and the latest airbrush machines. I can't help but thinking the next thing is giving advice to Allure magazine. I can't help but be distracted all day thinking about how I want the lighting or what product I want use to cover a tattoo. But, in all this I cannot think of what to CALL MYSELF!!! Jaxon says that when I go to work I'm the Fairy Godmother and I want something whimsical and playful. After all this is makeup not rocket science. Help me think of ideas! I know there a ton more people who read this blog than even I'm aware of. So, blog browsers now is your time to fess up and give me suggestions. I NEED THEM!! Or its just gonna be called Brittney Nelson make-up. whoopity do! Boring. boring. boring.

5 comments:

Katie said...

YAY! I hope you CAN offer this for my clients if they want it! You could do something like "Blush!" or "Blush by Britney".....I don't know those were things that came off the top of my head....I'll think about it more.

Fireball said...

I'm with Jaxon - The Fairy Godmother is perfect. Well, almost perfect. You don't really seem old enough to be a Fairy Godmother, despite your last post. 26 is not even close to old.

MD said...

I don't like Fairy Godmother. You're not a chubby matronly lady with wings. Forget whimsical. Find something hip,fresh, fierce.

Durben Family said...

I'm not sure about a name, but I do see endless possibilities for freelance work.....wedding parties, prom prep parties, boudior pictures, starlet shots (formerly known as glamour shots...lost in the 80's) Anywho...you could really run with this as a business idea (complete with a website that Katie could help you with, pictures etc..) You two could really breed business for each other....

Teresa said...

How about Pixie Brush?
Would this business keep you in town?