Friday, January 16, 2009

ugly ugly ugly ugly






So--- for a good while Ive been wanting to go back to my natural state and be blond again but that's about $400.00 because I was so dark. I am much to poor-sensible-cheap whatever you want to call it to put that kind of money on HAIR. I decided to cut it ALL off and start fresh.
Oh wait? Whats that? Houston we have a problem! There is no longer those golden rays of blond anywhere. Besides the excruciating pain of pregnancy and childbirth I apparently have given my children much more than the gift of life. With each kid my hair grew darker and darker. Now it resembles poop. Great. Now I'm borderline bald and I have crap brown hair. But wait-It gets better.
I self talk and decide to 'brighten up' and grab a little color from the store to 'brighten up'. Orangeish yellow is not 'brightened up' its freaking crazy cheap high school student that has sucky parents who let her do this kind of stuff. My head is very tender so there will be no more attempts to fix this disaster for at least a few weeks. Thank goodness my lovely friend Jackie helped me or who knows how really awful it could be. At least she knew how to put the color on!
I went to the doctor with my sick Allie this morning and the nurse guys was like "Wow, its like a whole new you". and then he briskly walked away with a look on his face like I should be there for the 5th floor instead (5th floor is the mental health ward) but even that was not as bad as yesterday when I came home and my own precious son SCREAMED in SOBS 'I don't even know who you are'! And, would not speak to me for the remainder of the evening. He wouldn't look at me all through dinner and only said through tears he never thought his mom could be so ugly. Thanks allot kid! If you see me please don't lie- I know I look like a Atlanta 2$ hooker from the eighties. If you could please say 'What a nice outfit' or 'Your smile looks really nice today' that would be great because I know that if you tell me you like my hair I will know you have horrid taste and I wont want to be friends with you anymore anyways. I'm gonna go give Donald Trump a buzz so we can chat about who he goes to to get his hair done cause we looks way better than I do!!!

7 comments:

jaesi said...

It isnt ugly. Just a big change. And please....I know all about bad hair experiences. You should have remembered me on your way to the store for color....:)

Just remember... Its just hair. Just dead crap that grows on the top of your head.

And you do have a beautiful smile!

Shama said...

What happened to all that confidence you felt yesterday as you left the salon? You said you kind of liked it. Is it the color that has you over the edge or the cut? You will make it work what ever happens. You are beautiful and even if you did sport a Donald Trump do, that can't be hidden.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Brit, you are beautiful and could even make baldness look good. Stop stressing. It will grow back and Korbin will get used to it. It was just the shock of seeing you look so different that had him all riled up.

Danae said...

If anyone can pull it off it is you. And after all this you will get what you want which is your hair color back. Have fun with it! Who knows you might find your most favorite hair style of all time while it is growing out!

Shirley said...

Keep in mind, it is only hair, it will grow and you are beautiful; inside and out! Just smile, be confidant and who knows you might start a new trend!

Durben Family said...

Are you having 'haircut remorse'... I feel your pain, I'm stuck with a much shorter doo than I'm comfortable with because Mark wanted to see something drastic.....I've been religious about taking my prenatal vitamins ever since. Mark keeps making references to the wig store we passed in Seattle.....

Not that you need one (because I think you look great and sassy), but if you want to go shopping for a some fun options in the meantime, I'm your gal. (I want to go back for this black/dominatrix looking one)...

MD said...

oh brit!! we need to talk and hang out. don't worry, i plan on cutting off my gorgeous red locks soon and going back to blonde so maybe we should hang then :) i love you. you're always fantastic