Saturday, February 7, 2009

Now that Im thinking about it...

My good friend Tricia is super sick with Strep Throat and has two kiddos while her hubby is gone to sea for what seems like forever-October. Suzanne Baldridge (our RS Pres.) and myself invited ourselves over to help tidy things up and I was preparing for the worst. Tricia made it sound like the rats were on their way and there was not a spare clean surface. I was very surprised to find a hardly dirty house. We did a few basics and were on our way in a little over an hour. That doesn't seem dirty to me if you can scour a whole house in a hour; right? Much love out to you my dear not icky siccko friend. We are praying for you to get better. And I do mean we- Korbin want's a play date!!! I do have a point I'm making here:
I wonder how long this would have taken 100 years ago before magic erasers and Swifter's and vacuum's. I was so happy that she had the same sort of things I use to clean my own house so it went really smooth.
Nothing I use today to clean my house are item that existed way back then but I'm very happy they exist now!!!
Living Room:
Swifter duster w/ extendable wand
Kirby Vacuum
Microfiber Sofas that can be cleaned with a
Spot Bott
Deep Steam Cleaner
Lysol Wipes for Kids toys
(and because we have a baby we have disposable diapers and disposable wipes and BUTT PASTE none of which were around either- why did people have more kids back then?)
Kitchen:
Clorox Swifter
Magic Eraser (great for scrubbing floors-thanks for that one Nelsa Sumsion)
Dawn dish soap
Cascade (DISHWASHER!)
Disposal Cleaner (the one in the blue and yellow box-an orange just makes it smell good it doesn't clean anything)
Clorox anywhere spray.
Clorox to pour into sinks at night to keep them good an clean for breakfast!
I think the only thing that is the same is the dishcloth but even those I get to throw into a washer machine every single day!
Bathrooms:
This is where it really shows!!!
Pumice stone to get ring out of toilet! Did they have Pumice stones then?
Magic eraser- the single most useful cleaner besides dish soap. You can even rub a spray tan off with it! Its true but not really recommended.
Mr. Clean wipe thing that looks like an iron
Bleach Pens for tile grout and around faucets
WINDEX- I know people like to say Vinegar and water work just as great but you can't beat the great smell from Targets Method brand window cleaner-it smells like mint!!!
More Lysol wipes.
I don't know that chemical compounds that make up the difference between Lysol and Clorox wipes but I saw as a Science Fair Project (It took 1st) in my high school that the Lysol product cleaned waaayyy more thoroughly than the Clorox. Don't tell my grandma she thinks Clorox could clean away ones AIDS.
What are you FAVS? I am always looking for the most effective product that's cost efficient and easy to use!!! I would love to find something to make this week a little less work!!!!!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I think you have listed all my favorites! I think Mr Clean Erasers are my all time favorite especially since I have white counters and white cabinets.

They call me a Navy Wife said...

well... as you know from being here cleaning - my all time favorite is the good old blue MR. Clean. I clean EVERYTHING with it minus the mirrors - I even dilute it and use it as a spray to clean my counters. Now I am going to have to go to Target and get some minty window cleaner!
Tell Jax I can't wait for a pumice stone to celan the ring in my toilet!
Thanks for all your help today - I think it makes me feel better knowing that if someone stops by my house isn't going to scare them away!
Your the best well.... along with suzanne and jackie and everyone else who has been helping me :)
Someday I will be able to repay all you have done for me...