Monday, February 9, 2009

Reading brings good things..........




Reading brings good things...like ME! Last week Tyler Potter invited ME to be his Special Reading Person at his school. I was very honored to be invited. We have loved living across the street from this wonderful family. Once a year his elementary school hosts a Guest Reading Day. I got to bring my favorite children's book which was 'The Paper bag Princess' My very all time favorite. We picked two friends to read with us and picked a spot on the floor and read so many books I don't don't even remember their names. There was one I do remember about a girl who had the icky case of the stripes and I'm going to try to find a place to buy it because it seemed older.
Here are a few pictures of us at the school and then to a McDonald's treat of ice cream on the way home. He was a perfect date. Opening doors, letting me pick where to sit and showing me the ladies room. I had a great time. If that one comes asking again Ill for sure say YES!!!

3 comments:

Jackie and Kirk said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with him...he was looking forward to this day for weeks!

Brandy said...

So cute! I'm glad Tyler has an awesome substitute Aunt in Washington. He is the best kid. Um, and your haircut is rock'in! If I had the guts and could do my makeup right I would for sure do that! (I'm Jackie's sister by the way)

Eileen said...

What an honor! You're the cool "aunt"! I was thinking the other day how much Maya would love you--she's always setting out heels for me to wear. When I don't put them on, she sighs and gives me this look like, "How did I ever get matched with YOU?"