Friday, February 6, 2009

MY MOTHER IS COMMING!!

I just want a quick note from anyone who freaks out when their mother comes to town. My madrea is coming on February 12 and I am very excited but I am a basket case. Its always like this too. I was raised with a white glove mother. Which was great because I love to clean and be organized as well but for some reason I feel like when she comes I have to create this 'perfect' house. And, ambiance is just as important as cleanliness. If a air conditioning duct is not clean Ill worry she will notice of if I'm too uptight she will feel a bad feeling in the house. I just go nuts. Its not like she comes to inspect my house but I want her to feel as if she did a good job in raising me and my house is beautiful and my children are clean and well mannered. I feel like I become Bree VanDeCamp from Desperate Housewives oh but wait- I'm not that skinny or collected or wealthy!
All she talks about on the phone is how she wants to play with the kids and not to worry about it but I swear she is going to sit on the couch and some interesting scientific Cheerio is going to pop up and attack her.
Here is the TO-DO list for this week:
clean all light fixtures
unscrew all vents and scrub/paint them
dust
change bedding/towels
touch up spots with paint
hand scrub floor
move all appliances and clean under and around
vacuum hose and wipe down inside of cupboard/drawers/under sinks
clean blinds
steam curtain's
Rug Doctor carpets
rid house of all magazines (even if I'd leave Vanity Fair out for Jesus-mom wouldn't approve)
do ironing
detail car
clean out garage
Clorox out trash cans
clean out penalty box of debris (outside backyard thing)
tan-exfoliate-pluck-shave-grow new head of hair
prepare most amazing Y.W. lesson (Ironically its on homemaking)
teach my children to sing all primary songs on cue (with feeling)
Scrub bathrooms and use Bleach pen in between every tile
Change hard water stained shower curtain's and steam the pretty outside part
Create a full kitchen of organic, healthy food
bake something the night she visits so it smells like June Cleavers house
AND...Learn how to never raise my voice and plan life altering FHE the Monday she's here.
I know we will have a blast once she gets here but I just want everything to be perfect!!!! I love her and want her to love being here with us. I just might need to take a few hours off of cleaning OCD to go to THERAPY!!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are silly, you know your mom won't care about all that stuff! You have a beautiful home and a great family. But you are welcome to come practice the cleaning on my house! (And I'll take all those magazines)

Shirley said...

I always wish my Mom would come visit and then when she says she is coming I totally dread it and have the same list as you! Get over it!!! Do your normal stuff and forget the rest. She DID a great job!!!!

Durben Family said...

I've learned, most people don't feel comfortable in a perfect house. And parents especially like to see opportunities for their help. You should just leave it...........and then when she gets here, give her a great big hug and say "I'm so happy your here, I've really been looking forward to the extra help!"

Fireball said...

I don't go this far when my mom comes, but my mother-in-law, now that's a different story... She is coming to visit about the same time as your mom. So, I'm going crazy right along with you.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

You're psychotic, you know that right?