Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fire Station Field Trip





Although this week has been an emotionally draining pain in my butt I thought- There must have been something great that I'm missing that happened? I took Mom to the airport and distracted Shannon enough to get her first speeding ticket ever. No that's not it. I had a few interesting conversations with friends. No that's not it either. I gained a pound. Nope not it at all. OH wait...
Korbin's super darling field trip to the Fire House. Can I just say the the firefighters in this area are more than welcome to pull me out of a burning building. That's all I'm saying. Anywhoo. Korbin had a great time looking at the state of the art new firetrucks. If only our nation would put as much infasis on everything else (but that's for a whole nother blog). The truck had a bunch of handy features such as a hose shield to protect it from UV rays that opened up automatically and a ladder that swung down by itself by the push of a button and stadium lighting so they can see in burning second floors. I was quite impressed. Which I'm in turn impressed with- being as I think EVERYTHING could be better. Korbin felt a little jipped with all his fire safety knowledge that he didn't get to spend more time on the truck itself but he very much enjoyed holding Kate's hand (a very pretty young lady in his class) the ENTIRE TIME! He also liked telling the firemen repeatedly that we have a fire plan and if his door is hot he is allowed to jump out of his window and run to Ms. Jackies. They asked me if that was a tall tale and when I said it wasn't I think we went up a little notch in their opinions of how cool my kid is that he would actually do that. Lets just hope that if the time comes all these field trips and FHEs are needed that Korbin will get the opportunity to jump heroically out of our burning home to scream and run to Ms. Jackies!!!

No comments: