Sunday, December 21, 2008

What the *#*^?! JAX!!!!!!





Today was a snow day here in Washington so Jax and I took the kids out on the Jeep to a very VERY steep ledge thing. We wont call it a hill because it wasn't but it was very fun to terrify our children and get some photos. Its beautiful how gracious our Heavenly Father has been to us. The snow in the Pacific Northwest is amazing because it flocks our lovely pine trees and makes our homes look magical. So I took a few minutes trying to talk to Korbin about our blessings and how beautiful God made it and then he says "YES! I KNOW, WERE BLESSED, SUPER BLESSED can I just PLEASE sled????" So I say fine but we are only reading church stories tonight because it is after all Sunday. I obviously need to send my kids to the Becks!!
LATER- The Potter's and the Jansson's invited us to go sled with them and then enjoy homemade chicken noodle soup. Us ladies stayed in waiting for Miss. Allie to wake from her nap but the boys went full speed ahead. Not so incredibly long after MY spouse and child went out Mark Jansson came back in. He was hurting pretty bad. Then Jax comes in sheepishly feeling like a turd. In the process of trying to create a fun sledding experience my bright husband TOOK OUT MARK. He just started flying down and took Marks feet out from under him. Not so bad right? Till they realize that Mark fell directly onto his shoulder and something is WRONG. VERY WRONG. Needless to say poor Mark and Shannon spent the evening in the ER. He has separated his A.C. and probably wont be able to throw a ball for a good year!!!! SORRY MARK! SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY forever! While they were in the hospital Jax started to wrestle with the kiddos and eventually one by one made every single one of them cry. Then to make matters worse Jax and Kirk go to shovel the Jansson's drive and Jax drives like a maniac. The infuriating thing is this is not a show off thing with Kirk in the Jeep. My husband would have been worse if he were alone! SO aside from freaking our kids out this morning and injuring Mark he has to act like a lunatic with Kirk. Yesterday when I said all those things about our friends and love and all that- I forgot who I MARRIED!! This is why I have to be George Bailey because Jaxon would alienate every single friend we've got!!! So I hope we are still friends with you people even though you might end up injured or fearing for your life. But I assure you it will be exciting.

5 comments:

Jackie and Kirk said...

I'm thinking today was just showing us that we should have been more like the Beck's, instead of running around like crazy people in the snow!! Lessoned learned...keep the sabbath day holy!!

p.s. we still love you guys, and we are glad you make our lives exciting!!

Danae said...

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the snow! How much have you guys gotten on base?

Chelsea said...

I went back and forth with thinking how hilarious that story was and how sad. That's quite the day you guys had! Sorry I missed it!

Matty and Jen-i said...

I hate the snow! I've got to get the heck out of Utah! P.S. I love your family pic and x-mas card! You guys are the cutest family ever!

Eileen said...

Do NOT send your children to our house. We raise very LOUD kids who are too often saucy and disrespectful and they don't seem to be thriving weight-wise...Madeline has fallen off the tail end of the growth chart, and Maya has a weird fascination with rear ends and just today wagged her very own NAKED rear end right in our faces, and Abby is known to sing "Santa Baby" in a rather seductive way, and I could go on and on. So sending your kids to our house is unwise.

And we DID go sledding, we really did.

Sorry about Mark's shoulder.