Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I dont do babies.

Last night we were talking about if we like our kids. Yep, that's right. How do you like Korbin? What about Allie? They are pretty good. Yeah I love them. Me too. Then- I was kind of thinking it was a joke and Jax say's 'Yeah but sometimes you act like you don't REALLY like her.' And it hurt my feelings.
This morning: I woke up re energized to become the most amazing mother the world has ever seen. I said my prayers asking God to help me be the best mom ever so no one could ever even think that I don't like my own lovely child.
AND THEN...
She woke up so cute and screaming and super poopy (so much so that I had to bathe her and change the sheets and start a new load of wash) then she didn't want to eat the super healthy Kashi waffles and pureed apples I created for her. I got her dressed super cute and before I got in the shower myself we had to put on another creation because she decided to find a crayon (in this immaculate house-how dare she!) and eat it. After outfit 2 I rushed into the shower only to hear her screams right outside the curtain. The fastest shower in the history of man was taken and so I popped out only to find every tampon and pantyliner (from Costco-so you know there were allot) strewn about while she diligently attempted to crack open the crown jewel; my make up case. Now that's something I don't take lightly because I look like two different people with and without makeup. So the makeup stays in The Samsonite Oyster a fireproof leak proof luggage type thing. SHE IS A GENIUS and opened it. So, my naked self was running about putting her in one part of the house so I may clothe and paint myself in another part of the house. But no, it becomes too quiet and I shout for Korbin who is blissfully destroying his room while I am trying to get dressed. Miss. Allie is rearranging our pantry. No harm done I think let her do it and I might be able to flat iron my hair. Up she comes with a bag of pretzels larger than herself and assumes I will open them in my bathroom and let her at it. I gave her one. She screams. She gets two and no more. She proceeds to scream. I let her because the sooner I get ready the sooner we may be in public where I am most certainly nice to my children. All of this was well before 9 am. you can imagine the rest of the day........
So the next time my husband says something along the lines of 'So DO you really like Allie?' I will be prepared to tell him.
NOT RIGHT NOW!
Yes she is beautiful, Yes she is sweet, Yes she is mine and I wouldn't trade her but as of this moment I have accepted that I am not a baby person and I am okay with that. Someday when she brings home a icky boyfriend I will wish for this day again but as of tonight I will not be praying to be a better mother I will be praying she will live long enough to get the icky boyfriend so I will cross that bridge when we get there. Today we are not crossing any bridge because she is too busy eating the bug she found on it and then pooping it out.

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Your going to miss this!

Katie said...

Your blogs always make me laugh right out loud! I loved the part about being nice to your children in public :)

jaesi said...

these are the days of our lives.....

I miss you...

Durben Family said...

This is my daily mantra: Healthy kids make noise (and messes), Healthy kids make noise..... I'm with you though, I would love to have five kids......if they came out already three years old.

The Sumsions said...

Your baby girl is beautiful and all kids have their bad days. Are you guys still in Washington? We are moving to Silverdale/Paulsbo in the spring. YES! Finally!! Drop me a line and give me the what's what with your family, I would love to hear from you! Cheers~Nelsa

Fireball said...

Funny! Great post.

Jackie and Kirk said...

I'm with Kate...I would have a ton of kids if they came out as 3 year olds and already potty trained!! Babies are hard, but I sure do miss my kids being babies sometimes!!