Sunday, December 21, 2008

I hope I am George Bailey.

I just watched 'Its a Wonderful Life' for movie night. It was delicious. The only people who showed up were Jackie Potter and myself!! That was okay though because it was snowing like crazy! Shannon made it cozy with hot coco and Jackie brought veggie dip. Very yummy. We are watching this beautiful movie and I really related so much more to George Bailey than Mary. I suppose that is good?! I do not, nor have I ever wallpapered in a dress. I CANNOT have four children. I would not like to be married to a man who wants to be anywhere than where he is, Who hates his job and cannot ever leave it. Also I think he might like his mother a bit more than my comfort level allows being as he went to her house first before he came looking for Mary his wife!
SO on to how I liken George Bailey to myself. I have often thought I sacrificed what I thought I wanted for the sake of my family. Hello... Navy wife. Do I have two children I never originally planned on? (I'm glad God knows me better than I know myself) George is feeling like he would be better dead than alive. I have prayed in desperation in the darkest hour in often the wrong place (he prays in a bar) and needed truly needed Heavenly Father to beat my heart for me for I could not do it myself. I have also had my head slapped off (figuratively) to give me the perspective I need to continue. When George comes back to reality his situation has not changed one bit. He still is going to jail, he is going to be bankrupt, his house is still drafty and he screamed at his kids. YET, now the difference is he now realizes WHO he is. I know that I am loved. I know that I have the support of people who love me. I know who would be there if I needed them. I know that my life is priceless and I have faith in My Heavenly Father. And I know that he has Faith in me. We are often much stronger than we ever think and George Bailey showed us that no life goes untouched. I hope in some (good) way Ive touched your life or lifted your load or given you a shoulder to cry on. If you read this stuff I put on here you probably have some sort of love for my family. I know I'm not reading peoples blog that I don't know, I'm much too busy! Its a Wonderful Life not Its a Perfect life but yes, ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE.

2 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

You have touched my life in the most positive way imaginable by being my friend!! I love you and miss you!

Eileen said...

I SO wanted to go last night but Lyle wouldn't let me venture out in the snow. That's my favorite movie and I would have loved to share it with friends and hot cocoa!