Friday, April 10, 2009

Yeah Tyler-Boo Korbin

Last night we went to support our friends children play their first game of T-ball. Korbin was really excited even though he knew he couldn't play; he was really happy to watch his friend Tyler Potter. Well we got there and realized out of all Korbin's guy friends that he sees on a regular basis he was the only one not on THAT team and not only not on the same team but not PLAYING at ALL. Ethan West was there. Caden Bartlett was playing and of course Tyler Potter. As we left and we watched his friends from the sidelines we tried to help him remember why we didn't sign up this season. He is in Gymnastics already twice a week and is really close to getting his back hand spring and is in the much older class because is like a monkey. Anyway I was trying to explain to him that its okay to have a bunch of different things friends do and it will be so awesome when Korbin can do a back flip and then teach his friends how to do one too. He didn't care in the slightest. I could have told him he was ready for the Olympics and he just sadly hung his head and said 'Yeah, I know doing Gymnastics is wicked awesome but I'm all alone, Just me a Coach Austin and all my friends were there together and they had cool socks and snacks after and I didn't get to be with them in the fence thing where the kids sit.(dugout)"
I felt pretty sorry for my little man. Even though he was over it soon Ill never forget how he quietly (RARE-PEOPLE) said how alone he felt right then. I asked him if he wanted to quit gymnastics so he could do something else and he looked at me like I was on crack. So, I guess we will stay in gymnastics and will go to every single game we can to support his friends. aaah the days of summer

No comments: