Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy





Today was/is my mommy's Birthday, and it sucked. Between all the snow and canceled plans she was sick and had to go to work anyway. As crappy as that sounds this is not unusual for her, when the going gets tough she is the one to hold it all together. She is the toughest cookie Ive ever met. Hello-she raised me!!!
Growing older and having children of my own I often reflect (as do we all once we have kids and bills) how much she gave without me ever noticing. For years she made a bottle of perfume last because we needed new school clothes. She spent hours/days/weeks making homemade Halloween Belle Ball Gowns and Christmas dresses. I ate a great (from scratch) breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for almost eighteen years. She gave me love always even if I felt suffocated by it as a teen. I used to tell her 'We know! We know you love us! TOO much! A little less would be okay too.'
I used to make fun of her when ever she'd go away for a weekend with my dad and she would sit us down and tell us how much she loved us and her Heavenly Father; in case she died on the road she wanted us to KNOW that she KNEW.
I have a faithful devoted mother whom I'm am perhaps a bit late in acknowledging how exceptional she really is. You are the definition of faithful service, hard work, unconditional love and a never ending strive for what Heavenly Father wants from you. You are everything that I hope to live up too as a mother. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Matty and Jen-i said...

That's crazy how much you and your mom look alike!