Sunday, April 26, 2009

The annoying neighbor...




There is this neighbor that lives across the street from the Potter Family who is always asking for stuff. Always pawning kids off on them. Always barging in needing something or asking for help. Always calling needing a 'favor'. That annoying family, my dear friends- IS MINE!
I don't know what I did before they lived here or if I have always been so needy but they save our lives on a daily basis. I think I will miss this family so much more than I realize when we move. Jackie has helped me on silly things-like deciding which shoes to wear; and serious things-like my darkest moments when I just needed her to listen. She is beautiful and so much more balanced than I think Ill ever be.
Kirk has been so wonderful to Jaxon and I think they have become a sort of 'man-buddies' (to the extent Jaxon has friends anyway). Their wonderful boys- Tyler and Derek are a ball to have over. They play so beautifully with Korbin. Usually Miss. Allie just terrorizes them and they put up with it time and time again.
There have been many prayers for this sweet family with the newest addition coming this summer. We are so very sad that we will not be here to meet her but we know that she is coming to the most worthy, giving, fun, involved and delighted parents.
Thank you for allowing our craziness into your lives and bailing us out by giving a cup of milk or by just being great friends. We will miss you dearly and thank you for everything!!
P.S. BTW-can I borrow a 1/2 cup of sugar?

1 comment:

Jackie and Kirk said...

The feelings are definitely mutual! I don't know what I would have done with out you this summer...it was meant to be that we moved in across from you! We love your family, and are going to be very sad when you move! And of coarse, you can always borrow sugar!!