Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cookies



Now that I am leaving several people have asked for this recipe so here goes, I must add; not to sound bratty but I think that the difference in my cookie recipe is my ingredients! I mostly use super fresh egg from Jaxons parents and I use very strong Mexican Vanilla, and I use Cane Juice Sugar which is exactly like regular sugar its just not refined white sugar. I buy it that at Costco. And everything else besides the Crisco is organic. My friend Jackie said she thought it made a difference but you can make them any which way you would like. And credit goes to my little brother Lee who tweaked this recipe for a few years till he got it right.
1 c. butter flavored Crisco
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs

cream all that together then add

1 tsp. each of vanilla/baking soda/salt

cream till texture is a bit lighter looking and puffier. add

2 1/2 c. flour

mix in and add a tiny bit if needed but you want it to sit up a bit on your fingers but be sticky.

Add lots of Semi-sweet chocolate chip about 4 hand fulls. Jaxon thinks that the dough should just be there to hold the chips together!

Bake in a 375 degree oven, on a baking stone for 12 minutes. NOW- when you take them out of the oven leave them on the cookie stone for a good few minutes. When you take them out of the oven they should look like they might need a minute more but that's why you leave them on the stone, they will bake slightly but remain the goey, creamy texture.
Put on a wire cookie rack and eat as soon as possible. They are best warm. I have no idea how many they make because we consume half the dough before we are done!
I hope someone one likes these!!! Have a great day. Dang it I am salivating and I am off to the gym!!! AAhhh!

2 comments:

jaesi said...

All I know is that there is a Nuclear Power Plant in Auburn NE that is SCREAMING NELSONS!!!!
We could be picket fence neighbors....:)

Jackie and Kirk said...

I'm actually going to have to make these myself!! Ahhh...what am I going to do with out surprise cookies from the Nelsons??