Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Passy Fairy came!!! (pics are funny so look from bottom to top)

Miss. Allie very happy about her promotion to 'Big Girl' status.
Trying on her wings and clearly comfortable with her personal fairy....


Passy Fairy (notice the little yellow bucket-it has passys in it from the last house she was visiting) coming to a now 'Big Girls' house.

Miss. Allie meeting her Passy Fairy. Note-Allie has her passy in her mouth. She was using up every last moment...
I had wanted to get rid of the passy but I wanted to do it where I wasn't the bad guy (I'm ALWAYS the bad guy for some reason) and I had a few ideas come from friends and this was the best! I called a few local ballet studios and asked if there was any girl (Jaxon said it would have been way better with a bodybuilder in a tutu-he's retarded) that wouldn't mind making $20 to dress up and take my kids passys to 'other little babies that needed them'
It would be the easiest 15 minutes of her working life.
I got a call a few days later-probably after they Googled me to see if I was a pedophile-from this girls mom saying she was interested. We met her a few weeks later at a big dance showcase-where Miss. Allie was enamored by dance (I was thrilled) and kept still the longest she had in her whole life. We told introduced them and we found Kaitlyn (aka. Passy Fairy extraordinaire) to be the sweetest thing and one heck of a dancer!
Last night Kaitlyn went above and beyond for her first 'Passy Fairy' gig.
I had asked her to wear any sort of super girly costume and she showed up in a Tinker Bell approved costume complete with huge wings! She was so sweet and even brought a little bucket with other passys in it (that she had just collected from other 'Big Girls') and big girl things like stickers, bubbles, a princess bowl and cup (we already had the matching plate) and the best-a magical set of identical wings.
Miss. Allie was elated, a little hacked at the putting the passys in the bucket but she really liked the bubbles and the wings. I had told Kaitlyn I would have fairy dust and a big girl toy ready for her but they were not needed-hers were way better!
Our good friends, Amy and Kaylee Hunter were there for moral support and I think they will be calling this Passy Fairy soon! And, I shall be running some more $$ to her for all the extras she threw in! She did much more than my little $20 could have thought!
We waved goodbye to her and wished her luck in her next fairy adventures.
We are now two nights down and doing pretty great!!
When she asks for her passy we ask her where it went and she says 'Passy Fairy took to the babies' and she feels better.
Yea, for the Passy Fairy!!!



8 comments:

~T~ said...

What a lovely fairy! This gig will look great on her resume. I'm glad Miss Allie is willing to share with the babies. She's so cute! Happy Easter!

julie said...

I'm glad it went so well. It sounds like Kaitlyn had fun with it and went above and beyond. Maybe she now has a new side job, taking all the kids passies away!

jajb.lilly said...

Miss Allie just gets more and more beautiful. That's such a great idea to get rid of the passie! You're a great mom. Your kids are lucky! Miss you

Shama said...

Cute idea. Doesn't it feel good to be the hero in your house? I will keep this in mind incase Danali needs a little passy separation motivation. I miss you!!!

Eileen said...

What a fantastic idea! You should win some sort of Creative Mom award! I'm sure the "fairy" had a great time as well.

Unfortunately at our house we have a thumb sucker. I don't think a Thumb Fairy would be quite as fun. Her bag would have to be covered with thumbs she'd taken from other little girls. No, I don't think it would work.

Whitney said...

that's an awesome idea! with my son we had him put them in a baggie and take them out to the trash and watch as the garbage man took them away. when he asked for them he would say 'the garbage man took em'

Matty and Jen-i said...

That is seriously the cutest idea! But is that fairy wearing lingerie? haha LOVE YOU GUYS!

Bob Carmicheal said...

That's one sexy fairy. I second the lingerie comment. I hope she is legal. Oh, Keep the passies away from your husband ;)