Sunday, April 25, 2010

Panites Galore


Last week I taught a lesson in Relief Society on prayer. I was like piece of cake-I pray all the time-then we started to potty train Miss. Allie. I PRAY LIKE A LUNATIC NOW!
First thing on Monday morning we took every single diaper and gave them to our friend, Kaylee (whom will also be potty trained this year=) and went back home with Fairy Princess panties on and a short dress. The NUMBER ONE thing about potty training-well there are two things,

1. YOU CAN NOT GET FRUSTRATED OR MAD AT THEM!

2. YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT

and you can't leave your house for forever.

Miss. Allie was so ready she would bring me her diaper, wipes and baby powder and lay down in front of you-so she was clearly ready to get going with this.

I was prepared. I bought a ridiculous amount of pretty panties, I got the juice ready, I got the books and songs to sing and friends scheduled to come over and play.

And, then the poop came...

Let me just say-When I die and I have that list of questions for God such as

'Childbirth-REALLY?!' and 'Why do men have nipples?' another has been added to my list.

'Poop-REALLY?'

Allie runs her little legs as quick as lightening if she has to pee but somehow pooping became negotiable-I'm so confused!

I have literally had to baby wipe up the way we ran through a department store to be too late to the potty. That was super fun. As some nice lady is trying to decide if the outfit she tried on looks nice she decides not to buy the dress because she is only smelling ALLIES POO!

Yep, that's hot!

Anyway, it has been eventful and long and I will be steam cleaning carpets this week.

But she is officially POTTY TRAINED.

And, I learned that when you earnestly pray about poop-Heavenly Father hears you (of course)

but he's laughing his head off at your expense...

**She only wants to wear Elmo panties or her brothers boxer briefs that are 6 sizes to big and fall off her butt all day. Classy chick!

2 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Way to go SUPERMOM! I am going to buckle down this week and finally get Caleb to go consistently instead of whenever he feels like it. You inspired me to get on the potty wagon, and yes maybe that equates to being on the crazy wagon. ;)

julie said...

That is awesome! One thing I WISH I could hire out to do is potty train my kids. I HATE potty training. It is the worst. But it sounds like you are down hill from here on. That is so exciting! Way to go Allie!