Monday, April 12, 2010

A fun-Living wife

Last week a girlfriend lent me her book 'Strangling your Husband is NOT an option' By Merilee Boyack and I was sorta like 'Gee did I say something that makes you think I need this? Did I talk you you while I was ticked at Jax? Do you think I'm a crappy wife?' After I realized I was PMS-ing I see that she read it and just wanted to pass it on. I hope...
I did start to read it in my need to always do something and laughed the whole time!! It was a great book and I'm just happy to have read it with an Church Active lovey! Because, for once in my life I am not urging Jaxon to do his Home Teaching (if you knew him before this is a miracle!) He is full circle from the way things were a few years ago and I loved the pants off him then (Yes, pun intended! Who's blog do you think this is?! =) and now I was happy to read this and actually check off a good number of things and It was nice to feel like my hard work in this marriage paid off!! And, can keep paying off FOREVER!!!
On to the good stuff-There is a chapter on being a 'fun-living wife' and I am ALWAYS trying to liven things up. Seriously, changing diapers totally cramps the sporadic energetic person that I once was! I took the 'Are you a boring wife' test and I only do ONE of the things-I wear my stinky gym clothes some days-all day. I know that's gross but I'm weeding (don't pass out, I have to weed-Jax is too cheap to hire it out) and playing tag or being Obi-One-Kan obi or whatever. But, I so want to be the fun-living wife, mom, and friend. I don't want to be 'Oh, gotta go see what the ball and chain is up too, probaly nothing; She's just there.'
ME!? NEVER!!
And, after being poverty stricken in the Navy for a few years I've learned that a good time can cost NOTHING!! You can be a good time just by being a fun person!! I WILL be a FUN LIVING WIFE and if we are going to have to pull weeds we will do it with music and watermelon and swimsuits and a bubble machine and we will have a backyard picnic as soon as we are done-baby, your never gonna want to pull weeds with anybody else....

4 comments:

S.K. said...

Merrilee Boyack is hilarious. Did you know she is Andrea Simons' aunt? Anyway, her other book about raising kids is a good one as well, highly recommended!

Jackie and Kirk said...

You are a very fun-living person, always so much fun to have around! Miss you!

B & A said...

Yeah, she is my aunt! Her husband is my mom's brother. Even I, who have no husband, have read most of that book- she's hilarious. My dad read it too :) I'll have to pass on the compliments to her.

And I'm so happy for you, Brittney. You've been through a lot and I am so glad that things are going well for you and that you are so happy! You were in my dream a couple nights ago :) and it got me excited to see you this summer. Love you!

julie said...

I don't see how you couldn't be a "fun-living wife" you are so crazy and fun and I love it! Hey would that friend of yours mind letting me borrow the book when you are done? I'd love to read it.