Sunday, August 2, 2009

if I ever go to prison...

If I ever go to prison I'd be a great cook...I can boil noodles and make a mean egg ham and cheese sandwich and I can cook a million things with a microwave and a mini fridge. The other night we had baked (sort of) ham, potatoes, and cut up veggies and chocolate covered strawberries for dinner all from my trusty little appliances.
I know how to make towel animals...
I know every single type of snoring from all three of my loud sleepers. Restless...content...good dream...stuffy...bad dream...dry mouth...
I know that peeing alone can be a luxury and if I can get a whole entire bath alone I should kneel in thanks...
That my children have no problem whatsoever expressing themselves...
That air conditioning one foot from a bed is freezing and therefor if I go to prison I'm requesting the furthest bunk...
That you really can keep four people in one room and not kill each other and the biggest lesson I learned is...
the only reason people in the olden days could have 14 kids in one room is because they were NEVER in the room. They were out working. So the only thing they did in that room was sleep. And thus the parents could make #15 because their little dream team was dead to the world asleep and they could be as wild and crazy as they wanted becuase everyone else was too pooped to wake up. I learned that my children do wake up and aren't all that pooped and that NO we can't live in one room or I will be begging social services to knock on our door!!!
So this week when I'm in my new big house I will be happily on one side of it with Jaxon while the crazies are on the other side and never again (unless we want to go on a trip) will we be having a wake up at 2:00 alone time meeting. EVER AGAIN...
no wonder why I'm always tired...

2 comments:

jaesi said...

I was in a motel for a week with 2 rooms and went bonkers!
Hats off to you my friend....
if anyone deserves a beautiful sparkly new home....it. will. be. you!

love ya.

Michael and Denise said...

Our condolences on living with everyone in one room. Someone once told me that good spinach dip is almost as good... Enjoy the new home!