Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Poor Korbin!

Today was the day! We were ready! Weeks of preparation! Weeks of earning pledges for his schools fundraiser! And then..
Yesterday at one o'clock the school nurse calls to tell me my little handsome cowboy is running a 100 degree fever. Yes, the dream of crossing the finish line in first place is fading fast. Korbin is so upset at his body, he keeps telling the good germs to hurry up and win the fight with his bad germs so his fever will go down and he can participate in the Boosterthon Fun Run with his friends.
This morning he crawled into bed in the wee hours of the morning burning up and as miserable as can be. He slept a good part of the early afternoon and when he rose he came to me with tears in his sickly little eyes and says "Mom, they ran it without me and now I have to tell all the people that gave me money for my school that I lied to them and didn't race today." I hugged him and tried to convince him that there was no lie at all and they would understand that he got sick. He still was so upset that he was sick and then came up with a marvelous plan...
In the coming weeks for FHE we will host the first Nelson Family Olympics. Korbin will participate in all events and show the good people who donated money to his class that it was not in vain and he is going to EARN IT. I am proud of my little prince who made a lemon into lemonade. I am happy that he came up with an other idea to complete the challenge. I love him and will show pictures (hopefully) of his success at our Olympics.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so sad, but I'm glad he found a way to finish his goal! I can't wait to see pictures. Have you posted pictures of your house yet?

Globe Trotters said...

What a smarty pants!

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

What an awesome little man you have there Brit! Living up to responsibilities and coming up with alternatives when things don't work out. What a great kid. Sorry he got sick, but glad that he will be doing something to make himself feel like he eared his pledges. Can't wait to see the pictures.