Monday, August 3, 2009

Official HOMEOWNERS!

Today was the day!!! We are finally real homeowners and its funny that we didn't feel like we were signing our life away and this heavy burden of hundreds of thousands of debt hanging over us. Well after reading that sentence I might now! We walked in and 30 minutes later it was done. I am beyond excited. Its real. Our life here is real. And baby-am I enjoying it.
8:00 a.m a run through new neighborhood
9:00 a.m. painters come in to 'Brittneyize' the formal dining room a beautiful limeish green called 'Lemon Verbana' (why its called lemon anything is wierd because its green) and my kitchen will be Duke Red from the chair railing up to the rest of the crown molding. (Jaesi its not very much; we have crown molding on anything that stands still-I promise a red kitchen rocks!) and Korbin's ceiling is Paris blue. We will later do the walls a Viking blue with stripes but that dang 5 year plan Jaxons got me on is making me wait. Miss. Allies room will be waiting till she gets out of her crib for the hot pink princess room.
This evening we went to the house so Jaxon could start epoxying the garage floor-it will be his shop after all! While the kids and I hung solar lantern's in the flower gardens. It was wonderful to sit on MY DRIVEWAY with MY FAMILY and see MY NEIGHBORS walking their dogs. Everyone was so friendly to us and I'm sure we just oozed excitement from our pores. Korbin was inviting everyone who walked past to come see his new room. Some kids actually took him up on it and he made instant friends. (He obviously gets that from his talkative mother)
I wanted to celebrate and told Jaxon we could go to dinner anywhere he wanted. Not to change his traditional character we ended up a Sonic. It was fine though-the kids didn't need to be shushed sit politely they could run around outside in this glorious Georgia sun. I love it here. I am so happy we listened to Heavenly Father and followed this job and this house and this ward. This is where we are supposed to be.

4 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Congrats Brit, I am so happy that you are finally in your home. Post some pics of all your Brittneyizations.

Eileen said...

Yes, I agree with the last comment-where are the pictures?

Congratulations! It sounds wonderful.

Chelsea said...

Very exciting! I can't wait to see pictures! A lot of us here are house hunting too (us included). It's definitely an exciting time of life!

Danae said...

That is so AWESOME! Congrats, I am sure when all the paint is finished it will be totally perfect! I can't wait to see pictures along with everyone else!