Monday, July 6, 2009

Seriously...Seriously...

We are here. We are still married and our children have not been put up for adoption. Yet...
We arrived late LATE the fourth of July after four exausting days of endless driving.
Lets start at the begining of the four days-
Great plan: Drive from SLC to Denver to see my witch sister and be more open-minded as she likes to call it. I call it staying with family for a free night and judging boyfriend but we are happy to catch up so off we go...
Wyoming(Oh didnt you hear-Its faster to horse shoe up and over Utah into Wyoming and down to Denver than to drive through the rockies.) So here we are in Wyoming on the interstate and ooops something BIG got chucked out of the bottom of Jaxons piece of sh*# jeep. That would be the DRIVE SHAFT. I dont know much about cars but I do know that a drive shaft is sorta necessary. We freak a bit and slowly (because he can still drive the dang thing) head BACK to the nearest town where we are not above BEGGING some 18 year old kid who works for his dad to fix our heap of scrap for about $400.00 so we can make it to GA. I promise Jaxon a gun when and if we make it and he promises me the first shot-guess what I get to shoot- THE JEEP!
A day and a half goes by- no Colorado-no sister-nothing but waiting for the Jeep.
As I am reminded by our families-we only asked God to get us to Gerogia safely and together we werent more specific and God is a man so get to the details. We pray SPECIFICALLY about everything from the kids to dental plans and head on.
Then next few days werent amazing but I could get struck by lightning if I whine about the regular stuff like Korbin throwing up the minute we get into a hotel pool or Miss. Allie finger painting the car seat with poo.
Then we are on the next to last day where my brilliant husband (did I tell you already he will be teaching people about Nuclear Power?) decided that in St. Louis he goes North towards Chichago and I go south (obvously) towards Memphis and he gets lost for hours on end and almost looses his mind in the ghetto of St. Louis. There was a detour and I took the most practical route but he in his 'rattle trap' took the other way-which makes since to him still if we talk about it-and then could not find our one light town where I had already gotten a room with the kids-Jaxon joined us at midnight so flaming upset I thought he was going to cry.
The last day was the longest because we had to make up for the lovely Wyoming overnighter we had done. 12 hours from St. Louis to Augusta Georgia. The kids were done. I was done. Jax was done. Korbin has not let us forget that he had to miss the fireworks just to go another hotel.
Chuch was lovely-but that is another post because in this one I am venting.
Today I get up to see our new house that they are almost finished with (the walk through is this saturday) and wouldn't you guess-I have a flat tire! I call our realestate agent from heaven and he picks up the kids and I and takes us to our house and then changes the tire. We love that man-another post people-I have no friends so Ill start alot of blogging!
I hobble to the Bridgestone and the ugly man looks at the car and goes 'Whatdddyouknow' (yes all one word) 'Itlookstherelikeyouhavetwoflattires' What did he say~something about TWO FLAT TIRES! YES! That was what he said. DAMNIT!!!!!
(Im not in YW right now so can curse after all this)
Who gets two flat tires in one day I ask-WHO? Have you ever heard of anyone that has had NO money, no home and two flat tires. I have-and she dies in the end! To top it off my antichrist children and going bezzerk and I am crying and calling my mother who is the ever-optimist. Clearly the Lord is just trying to humble me. I AM HUMBLED! I am done-over it-no more. I cant have all this today. I dont know anyone, all our savings is just being eaten by the car devils and I look like crap.
Then Jaxon comes home. better. Then my mom calls with our rembursement check from Southren Company with a few grand to get us by the rest of these 11 days in HELL.
So its not so bad after all. Even though I am sitting in a Hotel Laundrymat typing this while there are a dozen drunk people right outside smoking and talking about the foreign chick on the computer in here. (another post)
LOVE YOUALL AND MISS YOU! Good luck Jackie our prayers are with you-she is pushing out a little lady as of this moment-hopefully!

4 comments:

Shama said...

What a crappy way to start off your July. Just think of how wonderful it will be to end it though...sipping lemonade on your own front porch, watching your kids play in your own yard, in front of your very own brand new house, with your gainfully employed husband at your side. Not too shabby my friend, not too shabby.

Danae said...

I am sorry to hear your drive didn't go smoothly to say the least! Ethan has been asking about Korbin! Please tell him hello from us! Good luck with everything!

Suzanne said...

Oh Brittany- You crack me up! I'm sure it was awful to go through but you writing about it is very entertaining! Hang in there, Shama's right, it will be worth it. We sure miss guys here!

Chelsea said...

Hahahahaha! I loved the painting with poo story although I can imagine it wasn't fun to clean up! We miss you and can't wait to see pictures of your new house!