Saturday, June 20, 2009

Someone could die...

So, here we are just waiting for our lives to start again. Just Waiting. Homeless. (Till we can move to Georgia) Sorta Jobless (because we don't start till July 6th) Kinda Poor (living off savings) AND we are at my parents house. This is the very longest I have been home since I left when I was 17-about a minute after I graduated. My mom visits us wherever we are and that's nice but its a whole different story being here with my whole family- during the summer-for two weeks. I know a whole ton of people who go back home to where they grew up for the entire summer and some of my friends live on the very same street as their parents.
We are not that family. We love each other. BUT........We are ALL VERY different. One of my sweet sisters is a witch. Seriously. A real life casting spells witch. My 19 brother is as innocent as a newborn deer. My 16 year old sister is a almost-professional anime cartoonist of which she devotes her entire life to. So, where do I fit in? Lets not forget my Feature Family Film loving parents. Soft voices are spoken here and the word crap is only used when something is life threatening. Again you ask-where is my place?
I am (as my brother lovingly found appropriate) Cruel la Devil. You know-the crazy black and white fur loving wealthy maniac in 101 Dalmatians. Yep, that's me. We all have our roles. I come into their tranquil (or as I put it-death silence) place of peace and want to get on Hotmail. What? You say! Nope not here, Dad comes downstairs to the basement of ice and puts in his password to temporally suspends 'Net Nanny' so I may get on my email and face book account. Too bad Dad isn't here till six o'clock everyday huh? I am lucky though because I even know what that is.
My family and I do great together watching a G rated movie. Such as now-they are upstairs on a Saturday night watching 'Beverly Hill Chihuahua' as my folks remind us that if we ever have that much money and treat our dogs like that they will disown us. I would disown myself first. We do great at church, when my children look like pictures in a magazine and Jaxon and I look the part of a doting newly married couple. Sorry Utah, As soon as we get in the car off comes the pantyhose (yes I am wearing them in June-I'm at my MOTHERS) and the tie and we rush home to stuff as much food in our bellies as possible and talk about the lady at church wearing an eye patch. We are going to hell. But, Jax and I will be be there as a family!
I hope this 'trip' goes well, we are only three days in after all. I hope I can shut my mouth when my brother goes to Blockbuster and comes home with 'The Work and the Glory' for us to have together time. I hope I can shut my mouth when my mom coddles the crap out of my children (coddling is different than spoiling and spoiling is totally fine for Grandmas) I hope I can shut my mouth when my dad starts talking about how Obama is going to destroy my children's future. I hope I can open my mouth when I can only give righteous topics with encouragement and peace.
This will be a very quiet two weeks for me indeed. I love my family and they love me. We will see what I post in two weeks!!!

7 comments:

Jackie and Kirk said...

Brit, you are hilarious!! Just remember that Shannon is in Utah now too, so you'll have to get together with her a lot! Wish I was there, we could have a girls day in Park City...oh I miss Utah....and of coarse you!!

Globe Trotters said...

this is the best description of spending time with the family. sometimes i feel the same way. i have a perma-smile on my face for the week we are there...and when i leave, all hell lets loose :) good luck! have fun. and tell your mom hi :)

~B~ said...

ROFL...oh yes, Obama is the devil incarnate if you ask anyone around here. Evil Muslim terrorist who is going to ruin this country...blah blah blah. If you have the ability to keep your mouth shut when things like that are said, then you are much stronger than I. And your witch sister is one of the more open-minded people I know...which I LOVE. I really wish you were moving to Texas.

MD said...

Ugh what is is with Mother's and pantyhose?? Mine thinks its practically a sin to go without

Durben Family said...

Tooo funnny! I think it's completely healthy to not enjoy an extended stay with the parents. Your suppose to feel annoyed and uncomfortable there.... That is why adult children leave the nest. (I don't understand anyone over 23 wanting to live at home)
Enjoy/make some fun memories... and then think about how much you'll miss them in a year or two when living in Georgia!
I miss you, your outrageous but the funniest ever......

Janssons said...

Well Brit we will have to get together we will have you guys over for BBQ maybe this weekend call me. we have to get rid of the pink eye before you come over. I can't really relate to well with the family thing. I haven't stopped laughing since I walked in the door what with my mother speaking crazy and my fun sisters and my funny brother. I think your mom might die if she were exposed to my family she might find us offensive but we enjoy each other. we will be on our best behavior when you come over.

Eileen said...

Well, it makes for interesting blog posts! And where are those house pictures?! I've been waiting!