Monday, March 30, 2009

We should have gone out of town!!!!!




This week in Washington is Spring Break and we are one of the very few lame families that did not plan a trip. We are still waiting to hear back from the Navy about getting out so I don't want to be like "Hey we just spent $800 bucks on a week long vacation but now we have to look for a house!" My brain doesn't work that way!!
So, here we are on this drizzly, cloudy morning and I am trying to think of what to do this week!
I will be blogging EVERY day for those who are not on said faraway family adventure.
We are having family blanket drive for our neighborhood for FHE and I will blog that.
I will run a 10K each day (that's like 34 miles by Friday)so I don't remain the 'chunky friend' and can someday be known just as 'volumptious'!
Jax and I will watch the entire Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings each night-till we grow hair on our own feet and start to carry around a whip when we leave the house.(I'm a nerd! I know! I LOVE those movies and he's never seen them)
We will go to the library, Bainbridge Island Aquatics, the Painting Brush (paint your own pottery) and I will again blog about those as well!
I am going to steam clean our house and attempt to create super-amazing-testimony building Easter lesson for my Young Women.
I knew when I was a kid I hated that my family never went anywhere and I swore to myself that I would be a fun mom- fast forward 20 years and here I am! Perhaps not at Disney Land but WE WILL HAVE FUN! MY KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE GOOD MEMORIES OF SPRING BREAK AND I will get to sleep in my own comfy bed!!

5 comments:

Lilly said...

We're stuck here at home too. Dave wants to save his leave days. I, however, have no fun plans for my kids. I was feeling good about the forty five minute "nature walk" we went on this morning. Maybe I'll steal some of your fun ideas!!!

Suzanne said...

We're here too! Except for Ashley who just left for DISNYLAND with her Nanny family.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

You always have fun no matter where you are. Just be glad that you only have to come up with one weeks worth of activities instead of two like we did here!

~B~ said...

Hey, you don't need to go anywhere. Look how you can still come up with super cute pictures of your babies at home!

Shirley said...

Were not lame and were still here. Ok maybe we are lame, but thats ok Think of something fun to so and give us a call!