Thursday, May 21, 2009

I will miss,,,

Leaving Washington I will miss...
Many of my dear friends and their children.
The clean smell when I walk outside because it is always raining.
Black clothes-they are everywhere just in abundance here.
Getting into a pro-choice/pro-life debate with a stranger on the street of Seattle.
Pine Trees-most of them.
Tree Huggers with thier hemp milk and coffee rocking Birkenstocks with socks!
Central Market.
Zero Gravity Gymnastics.
Korbin's Ms. Nancy (his amazing pre-school teacher from heaven)
Cheap Salmon.
Silverdale 6th Ward.
Girls nights which involve doing nothing productive but talking to buddies.
My therapist. Whom we call 'our crazy doctor'
Knowing sunny days are numbered and doing really fun things on those days.
US Navy for the guaranteed paycheck and 100% medical coverage

Things I will NOT miss...
RAIN!!
Sleeping alone because Jax in on duty or gone to sea.
RAIN!
US NAVY for everything but the paycheck (which wasn't even good) and the insurance.
The crappy people who live on my street who make their kids hold a lit cigarette while they fix a bike and such...
RAIN!
How far everything is-good shopping/good dining/good entertainment
Super high cost of living. 200K for a trailer!!
Fake friends.
Muddy carpet.
RAIN!
Being the 'fairest' people in the country.
Living attached to someone else.

1 comment:

Annalia said...

When are you leaving? I guess I may have procrastinated getting in touch with you a little too long.