Friday, June 5, 2009

bit of a update...

A bit of an update is correct being as we have no real news...yet! On Sunday both Jaxon and myself are flying down to Augusta Georgia to meet for a week with Southern Company and house hunt. We got an amazing offer and this is the job I really am hoping Jaxon likes once he is actually on-site.
It's funny that thirty days ago when he was job hunting I didn't like anything he was applying for or any WHERE those jobs were (hello-Colestrip Montana-no way) I was ticked off one night and said 'Fine I'll find you the job I want you to have' and I did. I picked this off of the Nuke Worker website and checked out the company and area and told Jaxon to send in his resume. He looked at me sorta funny and said 'Babe, I applied for that job a week ago!' A week after that some guy called and asked Jaxon for a minute or two of his time; little did Jaxon know that he was on a 6 way phone interview with the board of directors for Southern Company. He got an offer two days later. Without meeting Jaxon. Without a final interview. Nothing. They just said from the first minute they spoke to him they knew he was a perfect fit for the job. SO, off we go to stay in a five star hotel for a week of wine-and dining with the big wigs. I am excited to go even though we haven't made a final decision. Part of me feels like we have been getting a great feeling about Georgia from the beginning so that Heavenly Father has already made the decision. but...
Jaxon has another offer for Topaz Power in Corpus Christi Texas and he traveled down there last week and really liked the plant. I know we will be fine either place but I really like the south.
WOULDN'T MISS.ALLIE MAKE A FABULOUS SOUTHERN BELLE???
We are staying with Jaxon's family in Vancouver for a while then to my family in Utah and then we will make the trek to either Texas or Georgia by the last week of June. The start date of Southern Company's program that Jaxon would be a part of is July 5th, so that means we better haul it!! Good thing I already put a deposit on an apartment in Augusta huh? See I am ready to go. As soon as we get back next Saturday I will let you know which offer we accepted and then you will hear all about the different houses I want to buy!!! till then....

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow pretty exciting! Good luck on your trip to Georgia. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Keep us posted!

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Good luck in Georgia! I hope everything goes well there. Call me!

Greg and Sophia said...

Okay, so don't base any decisions on this but I just spent 6 months in Corpus and was not impressed. I've only driven through Georgia, but that's where I would pick. But Corpus (although it smells funnier)is a lot more like Utah than most of the south. If you do go there, live on the Island.

Jackie and Kirk said...

Have fun on your trip to Georgia...I know you guys will make the right decision on where to move! Keep in touch, and put lots of pictures of your kiddo's on here....we miss you!!

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

Sorry about my last post. Should have checked the spelling!

I was saying that I've heard great things about Georgia. I picture front porches and southern hospitality and I can totally see you quickly picking up on the southern accent.

And Miss Allie would definitely make a fabulous southern belle.

Durben Family said...

I'm so excited and happy for you guys.....it's great news! Either place sounds fun. Everything is bigger in Texas...so I think your personality would be a great fit there too..... but Georgia is beautiful, and you've been in that area before? Congratulations either way.... it's nice to have two job offers to choose from.
Keep posting, I miss you guys and still want to hear what your up to.