Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sealing After Party

From the Temple we sent the guests off early for cocktail hour (well, Mormon cocktails) while we finished pictures and changed. This is us walking up the flights of stairs to our party on the veranda. We were actually taking bets as to which brother would end up in the fountians!!
We toasted our guests and our love and everything else we were happy about that night-or I did. My toast was considerably longer than that of my loveys. Shocker. We were just so thrilled!

Doesn't Jaxon look dapper in Calvin Klein?!! I could not keep that mans jacket on or his cuffs rolled down, oh well, he looked like himself! He is giving a heartfelt one minute toast!


As favors to our loved ones I made up 'Swag Bags of the South' that included Hush puppy mix from the seafood restruant we went to on our first wedding, Scarlett O'Hara Morning Glory seed packets, a jar of my famous BBQ sauce, a magnet that Korbin made of the Gerogia sun (Grandmas love this sort of thing!) it was topped with a giant starfish from Savannah and the bags were made to be reused as shoe travel bags. Seattle made me quite eco friendly!!



A priority of our evening was to give our family and friends a little taste of the south that we love and we served Virgin Mint Juleps which are known as Jucy Juleps. Our bartender kept them coming and they were rather fantastic!










At our dinner I made it so we were served dessert first. I made little notes that said 'Life is unpredictable, Eat Dessert First' and our guests had little Bengiets, Creme Brulee and Chocolate lava torte. Dont worry, We finished the courses with Tuxedo Strawberries!






Right off our terrace we could walk down to the swan pond, vinyards and of course, driving range. There were peacocks and bunnies, and ducks and swans all over the place.







Lovey and I being silly in a moment alone.








I just like this picture. I don't look as 'housewifey' as usual.









This is both our families who sacraficed much by attending and we love them all so dearly.
Our night was perfect.










3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks lovely! Loved the lovey pictures.

julie said...

It looks like it was perfect. All of your preparation and planning were worth it. I am so happy for both of you. You are getting your fairy tale ending. Love you!

Matty and Jen-i said...

You looked absolutely stunning and everything about that afternoon was perfect!!! I love ya girlie and miss you tonz! It makes me so sad that we're not closer!