Friday, September 11, 2009

Hell had an ice storm...

Hell had an ice storm! Though it has kinda been brewing for a few years; lets just start from the...start. In the year 1982 I was born to a domestic goddess of a mother. If we lived somewhere ugly I would never remember it because if she could use a paint brush, sewing machine, or a hot glue gun it would become beautiful. However I always felt that I never inherited that 'gene'-oh yes, I have pretty good taste and I know how to arrange things well and have always had an eye for a great product but to make it myself seemed out of my league.
Then I became poor. Enlisted Navy Wife with 2 kids poor. I still just didn't think I could make something as pretty as I could buy it. And if I wait long enough-everything goes on sale. But, then I attended many Super Saturdays in the Relief Society and started to pay attention when friends would mention that they put something together. Through time I felt a little different about not weather I could make something as beautiful but if I wanted too.
My family is a full time job yet I like to work, unfortunately here in Augusta the need for a make-up artist is small and I don't get a large opportunity for growth. So through much thought and a bit of trial and error-Don't look too closely at my first batch!! I have finally decided that I CAN create boutique quality gifts that have my flair. I'm always looking at decor and nick knacks, Holiday crafts and thinking to myself 'If I did that I'd do it this way or that'. As of October third 'The Mommy Entourage' will debut at a local festival favorite The Oliver Hardy Days. I am not looking to create an empire but I looking to make my neck of the world a better, sweeter and more beautiful place. And lets not kid around- Im not doing this non-profit! Look to further postings on products that I'm working on (loving that extra bedroom/now my work space) and ideas that come. I cant wait to start to next step in my evolution as a Woman and a Working Mom.

3 comments:

Ann-Michelle said...

Open an etsy shop!

http://annemichelleheirlooms.etsy.com

The Shaw Family said...

Brittany,
I think that is awesome, and YES I also think you should open an etsy shop. I don't have one, but I am always running across etsy when I'm trying to find something that SOMEONE ELSE has made! Very good idea. Good luck with everything!

Jackie and Kirk said...

Good for you Brit! And I do agree with the rest, you need to open an etsy shop! I'm always on etsy looking for cute baby girl things!